Dentures: Complete & Partial | Dentures in Lewiston, ME | Restorative Dentist Near Me
The technology behind dentures has greatly accelerated, adding more comfort and making them more effective in recent years.
When it comes down to what to do about missing teeth, dentures are very positive in that they can be removed, whether a complete or partial set. Partial dentures can replace multiple missing teeth while leaving healthy natural teeth. A complete set of dentures fills in your complete smile, and is an excellent option when called for.
Is Getting Dentures A Long Process?
A conventional set of complete dentures are created and installed once teeth are removed and the gums have begun to heal. These can be placed in the mouth as early as 2-3 months after the natural teeth are removed.
Partial dentures can be removed, and you might hear them referred to as a dental bridge. Usually, partial dentures involve the replacement of some, not all. Attached to a gum-like base and connected by a custom-made metal framework, well-constructed dentures hold their position in the mouth. Partial dentures can also take much less time to install than complete dentures.
Dentures: Helpful Denture Decision-Making Facts:
- Dental implants and bridges may be used instead of dentures.
- Dental implants and bridges may be used to support partial dentures.
- Many dental insurance companies cover dentures. We can work with you to find out about your specific situation.
- New dentures will take a few weeks to be completely comfortable and fitted in your mouth.
- The goal is for your dentures to look the same as your natural teeth, often even better.
- Eating with new dentures can be a learning experience, but you and your mouth will adjust to your new dentures quickly.
Dentures may affect speech and pronunciation, but with time this will fade.
- Most dentures are worn nearly all the time at first, then less over time as your mouth and gums adjust.
- The creation and installation of highly personalized dentures usually necessitates multiple appointments over time to complete this tooth restoration process.
- Once your Aspire Family Dentistry oral health professionals have worked with you to create a treatment plan, our highly skilled and motivated dental health staff are here to make your mouth (and you) happy!
What Our Patients Are Saying About Their Experience.
With On Google, We are Lewiston's Top Rated Dentist
Ready to schedule an appointment?
Don’t wait! Call us today to schedule your visit and get started.
We’re happy to answer any questions or concerns you have, so don’t be shy. We’re friendly we promise 🙂